For Patients: In accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and Connecticut law, you have a right to your health information.
You can retrieve your clinical visit summary via the ONS Patient Portal. To obtain copies of X-ray or MRI images, or any other documents, complete the form below. Requests for images will be processed by ONS staff, who will send your images by secure email or will copy onto a CD and send by US mail for a minimal fee.
Please note, records will not be released without the medical records request and authorization form (below).
Charges: There is no charge for records accessed via the patient portal. For all other requests, payment is required prior to releasing your record. An email invoice will be sent if your email address has been provided.
The following fees are based on State & Federal regulated rates:
- CT State regulated rates: $0.65/page (maximum charge $6.50)
- No fee for requests sent directly to a physician’s office or healthcare facility for continuing care.
- You may download your clinical visit summary (no images) at no charge through the ONS Patient Portal. Login to your Patient Portal account and click the Health Records icon.
- MRI/X-ray images may be sent to you electronically via a HIPAA secure link – fee is $15
- Alternatively, MRI/X-ray images may copies to a CD and sent by US mail- fee is $25
For questions related to a third party request, please contact DMRS at 800-359-8520, between 10:00 AM and 6:30 PM, Monday-Friday. You may also email your question to [email protected].
Note to Patients: ONS supports patients access to their health information. Beyond the Patient Portal, we also support sharing health information via apps that use an Application Programming Interface (API), used by many mobile device apps. We have enabled the necessary solutions to receive requests from API applications, however, to date there are no apps available that can connect to our data. When we become aware of any applications that our patients can begin to use, we will share the information with you.
Please be sure to scroll to the very bottom of the form after you have submitted your request to make sure there were no errors with your submission.